Updated: Jul 30
Hello hello 🖖🏼 My name is Umi and I want to welcome you to one of my favorite sections on here: my blog. I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to use this website for and, after careful consideration, I realized that I could really use this for a lot more than just an e-commerce platform where I sell clothes.
I can use this as a tool to talk about the different projects I have, such as Quiérete Tantito and The Motivation Club. I can also use this as a space where I can share my experience living abroad, and how intricately exciting it can be. It can also be a space for me to share a little more about myself, my passions, my fears and hopes; a space for vulnerability and honesty where I can share and connect with other people.
I can make this my little corner of the world, and it's a place where I can try to do my best to make it a better place. It may not be much, but I think it's a good place to start. I'm still not sure how I'm going to structure this, or how often I'll post or which specifics I'm gonna cover, but I'll have it ready soon. If you want to stay up to date and get notifications on any new posts, you can subscribe to my newsletter here (I swear I'm not gonna be all spammy) or you can follow me on my IG account here and check my stories for new posts.
For this first post, I thought that it could be cool to play a version of 21 questions; it's a little different, but I think it's a good way for me to open up and for you to learn a bit more about me. Instead of 21 questions, I'm gonna be answering 35 questions (because I'm 35 years old - see? you're already learning stuff about me!). Some of them were selected randomly from different websites and the others came from some of my friends, to help make this 100% open and as unplanned as possible.
Here's a little bit more about me:
1. What is one of the funniest/most memorable childhood memories you have?
Unfortunately, I don't have many memories of my childhood 😵💫 but I do remember that what made me the happiest was going to my grandma's house on Saturdays. the whole family got together and had a blast. My grandma always had Kinder Surprise eggs for all the grandkids and, to this day, they warm my heart a little.
2. What's your favorite season?
Autumn; it's "RED" season. As a Swiftie, that's the only right answer... and I like sweaters.
3. Dogs or cats?
4. What's your all-time favorite food or dish?
Palmeritas. There's a place in the South (of Spain) that has a huge one and they're all stuffed. My favorite is the Kinder Bueno one, but I'll eat them all.
5. How would you describe your love life?
6. If you could have dinner with a famous person (dead or alive), who would you choose?
Pedro Pascal and Taylor Swift, for sure. Kelly Clarkson, Anderson Cooper and Belén Esteban are also invited.
7. What's your dream roadtrip?
Route 66, in a convertible '67 Mustang during the summer (if it's not disgustingly warm)
8. What was a bad habit you had that you've managed to overcome?
I quit smoking over two years ago.
9. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
I feel like if it's something that you like, makes you happy and bring you joy, it shouldn't make you feel guilty... however, I think Belinda's music would fall into that category.
10. What's your biggest irrational fear?
I've been terrified of clowns since I watched "It" when I was like 8 years old. I'm also scared of glass observation decks, not because of the glass because it makes me aware of the height.
11. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
Real Housewives of Miami 🦩, season 5.
12. Days or nights?
Nights... by far.
13. What is your favorite movie to watch over and over again?
I watch Scream a lot, the full franchise. I love scary movies.
14. What's a hidden talent you have? Or one that not everyone knows about?
I'm really good at researching... like really good. If you wanna know something about someone, you can count on me.
15. Sweet or savory?
Sweets, always. If I could live off of Nutella, palmeritas, chocolate and cake, I would.
16. What is your dream job?
Have and/or produce my own reality show, like Housewives...
17. What's something you are very good at?
Procrastinating... I could teach a masterclass.
18. The Simpsons or Family Guy?
None, Bob's Burgers is my favorite.
19. What's your favorite color?
20. Favorite pizza topping?
21. What do you prefer? Being passive or being aggressive?
Passive-aggressive 🤣 I'm really good at it too.
22. What's your favorite city in the world?
23. If you won the lottery jackpot, what would you do with the money?
I would buy a house in Mexico City, one in Madrid and a loft in New York. I would open a physical store and I would donate to cancer research organizations and help pay for treatments.
24. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween 🎃 especially since candy corn is only available for Halloween now.
25. Have you ever been in love?
26. Showers or bath tubs?
I love bath tubs, but I've never had one.
27. If you were given a time machine, what would you do?
I would use it to see my father and my grandparents.
28. What makes you nervous on dates?
My mouth 🤣 I say a lot of stupid things when I'm nervous.
29. Calls or texts?
Texts, but I don't mind calls... it depends on who's calling
30. What's the best advice you have received?
I'm not sure if it's the best, but it's definitely the most valuable and it's that your life is 100% your responsibility. You won't be able to control everything that happens, but you are in control of your reaction and your response to it.
31. What life lesson have you had to learn the hard way?
People who hurt you don't really feel bad about hurting you, they don't really care. That's still a little fresh.
32. How can someone earn your trust? How can someone lose your trust?
I'm very trusting, so as long as you're nice and sincere I will trust you. But the second you start lying to me, that's it.
33. Horror or comedy?
34. What would you do if you meet your favorite celebrity?
I would probably end up with a restraining order 🤣🤣 But I'd ask them to get a drink so I can ask all my questions.
35. What would be the title of your memoir?
"Hold My Beer: the art of making stupid, reckless and dangerous decisions... sometimes at the same time"
If you got to this point, thank you! Now you know me a little bit better🙏🏼and hope to see you around here again soon.
Have a good one!